After 575 days on GAPS, Carter is offically healed. Now he eats everything!

After 575 days on GAPS, Carter is offically healed. Now he eats everything! Well almost everything! He's still eating a real food/non processed diet for the most part and we will stay away from soy in all forms and cauliflower, mainly because Mommy is still scared of those foods. We are sticking with the 80/20 ratio of foods because now he can indulge in a cheat every once and awhile and he's just fine!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What did I do today?

I found this poem today and knew I had to share it with you! This for all of us who work tirelessly for our children and our families, sometimes with little to show at the end of the day. A big hug especially to all those cloth diapering mommas!!

What Did I Do Today?
                                                                
Today I left some dishes dirty
The bed got made around 3:30
The diapers soaked a little longer
The odor grew a little stronger
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor
The fingerprints there on the wall
                                                   Will likely be there still next fall
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do all day?

I held a baby till he slept
I held a toddler while he wept
I played a game of hide and seek
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak
I pulled a wagon, sang a song
Taught a child right from wrong
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows , I guess that’s true
Unless you think that what I’ve done
Might be important to someone
With deep blue eyes and soft blonde hair
If that’s true, I’ve done my share.
~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it Rebecca!!!! Thank you! I think I will print it out and put it on the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Always a good reminder of the important things in this crazy life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I LOVE this! thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete