After 575 days on GAPS, Carter is offically healed. Now he eats everything!

After 575 days on GAPS, Carter is offically healed. Now he eats everything! Well almost everything! He's still eating a real food/non processed diet for the most part and we will stay away from soy in all forms and cauliflower, mainly because Mommy is still scared of those foods. We are sticking with the 80/20 ratio of foods because now he can indulge in a cheat every once and awhile and he's just fine!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello Rash. Bye Bye Eggs.

Eggs. Today is day seven of eggs. Well it should be day 7, but I had to pull them this morning. On the first day that Carter tried the eggs, he got a small red raised bumpy rash on the back of his neck. I thought for sure it was heat rash since he had just gotten the cast on 2 days earlier. Each day the rash got worse, until yesterday when it covered his neck up into his hair, down his back, across his neck and over his shoulders onto his chest. They were now starting to look like little pimples. I noticed several on his bottom as well. He also had a runny nose and loose, slightly acidic diapers. I was really hoping that it was just an adjustment to the cast and the pain that his body was experiencing from the break.  I was even hopeful that the rash was a simple heat rash or even a reaction to the cast material.
Sadly, it seems to be the worst of the possibilities, the one thing I wanted so much for him. The food I wanted him to pass so badly. These were the safe eggs. The ones with no soy, no grain, no contamination. I really thought the reactions we saw all those months ago were from the feed given to the chickens. It appears I was wrong. Which leads me to another question: Does that mean that the reaction he had to the chicken had nothing to do with the feed? Does this mean that he will never be able to eat meat? Does this mean that regardless of the source, all meat proteins will cause problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment